Tuesday, July 5, 2016

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

We have a tradition of spending the 4th of July at my husband's family lake house in Graham, TX with all the extended family.  We have been going now since before Brett and I were married and it is such a great time with family!  We do fireworks off the dock and my husband always puts on a great show.  :)

They had fun tubing.

Buying fireworks with Daddy!

A small fountain firework that Lily loved.

My 2 little American cuties!

This year, since the 4th landed on a Monday, we spent the weekend there and came back Monday morning so we got to enjoy some of our hometown activities.  McKinney has a parade in the morning and an afternoon/evening of family fun events ending with a fireworks show.  This being our first year we didn't really know what to expect but we packed up some snacks and our picnic blanket and headed out.

The event was at a big soccer complex and they had lots of vendors to choose from for dinner.  We chose a brick oven pizza place that was amazing!  We set up our blanket and enjoyed our dinner together.


Then the kids did some wrestling and Lily wanted to show me a move she learned in dance class.  haha



I LOVE the time we get to spend with our extended families but sometimes it is nice to have time just the 4 of us.  We talked and laughed and enjoyed putting our phones down to enjoy our kids.

We bought glow sticks and the kids could not have been more excited!


Brett and I even got in on the fun.  :)


Then the fireworks show started and this girl squealed with so much JOY!


The show was amazing and lasted about 20 mins.  The kids had fun telling us what they looked like and how beautiful they were in the sky.  It sure is a joy to watch the world through the eyes of your children.  Their little imaginations are just amazing!

On our way out we decided to get some Dippin' Dots for the kids to enjoy as we waited in the crazy long line to get out of the parking lot.


Then when we got home they begged to do a sparkler!  It was about 11:00 pm but how often do you get to stay up late and play with sparklers?!


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  It does not escape me what this day means to Americans.  My grandfathers fought for this country and instilled in me a respect for it and I still get teary eyed when I listen to our National Anthem.  I am thankful for the freedoms that I have and for the men and women who defend that freedom!

Tomorrow I am going to start our vacation recap!  We spent 10 days in the BVI and I can't wait to share all the beauty we experienced with y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment